Thursday

Saving Money you know the Green Stuff

I am not really an expect on saving money, how most would say they save money. I can't save it to well in the bank, under my mattress, in my underwear drawer, or the old tin in the kitchen cabinet. I am going to give some tips I learned on pinching the shinny pennies that I do have and keep them for a little something better.

Tips I and my wife learned
  • Wash out storage bags (Don't use ones that were used for raw meat not really safe)
  • Libraries can be your best friend (Movies, Magizines, Newspapers, and Books)
  • Dollar Stores (They can surprise you at times a friend told me they one that has produce)
  • Pack a lunch (You can be surprised how much cheaper this is in a long run)
  • Food Storage Containers (Helpful and storing leftovers and also dividing up the cheap family packages of meat)
  • Look for Manager Specials at grocery stores
  • Coupons with shopping around or when item on sale(my wife has got cereal for almost free doing this)
  • Try store brand items (most of the time they taste as good and are even sometimes made by the same people)
  • Farmers Markets
  • Grow your own garden (seeds are whole lot cheaper then produce and healthier as well)

These are a few things we learned and willing to learn more. If you have an idea to save more or a commit feel free to share.