Tuesday

Homesteading?

Homesteading? What do you mean, you're from the city and you live in town? Are you nuts? Now what is it that you want to do again?

These are just a few questions I get asked almost daily. Sometimes I don't have an answer right away for the questioners, but it inspires me to look for the answer also helps me look towards the dream my wife, of a year and half and the Lord willing for another one hundred plus years.

I am twenty three years old and this is my story of how I am going to get to my dream and things I learn to help me there in life. The knowledge I am passing on is from the three sources men learn from which are books, others and peeing on the electric fence themselves. (Note to readers it does hurt when you pee on a electric fence don't attempt, take my word for it.)

What is this dream? Well here it is a in a nut shell or you know the nut and bolts, uh yeah you know what I mean. OK here it goes. To pay off the debt my wife and I are into, all $18,000, already smaller then it was almost a year ago. To get to a farm and work self sufficiently all before my thirtieth birthday or so.

My wife and I both agreed that we want to bring our children up in a debt-free home and also for them to not know anything but a country lifestyle, for it involves health and well being for all.

With this all said and done, I hope to educate and as well learn from others along the way. Some of the items might make you laugh, cry, smile or even make you feel better about yourself. As Red Green always says "We're in this together, I'll be reeling for you. Now keep the snake out of the eye." Now let us start the journey.
(Note to readers if you want female side of some of the material may I suggest the wife's blog at homesteaderswife.blogspot.com )

No comments: